Apartment Update: Desk Corner Reveal


Working from home has it's pros and cons. One pro is I can work in my PJs all day, without anyone knowing, while a con would be the fact that I sleep, eat, relax, and work all in the same place. And that place is a small apartment. (I'm so thankful for my vaulted ceilings, making the space feel much bigger than it is.) For the last 9 months I've lived here, I haven't had a proper work space. I've worked from my couch (the worst idea ever for my neck!) and from my kitchen table. I'd been searching for a small desk for what seemed like forever, and just 3 weeks ago, I finally found a perfect fit!

Since I only have a one bedroom apartment, whatever desk I found would have to plop right in my living room, so it had to blend with my other furniture and aesthetic. I found this shabby chic desk at a local antique store called The Painted Farmgirl. I happened to pick Liz's desk out from the crowd and fell in love instantly. So fun to have one of her pieces in my place!

Anyways, let's get to the little makeover of this corner in my home. Above is the before and below is how I finished off the space, with thanks to Anthropologie!



First, because I have vaulted ceilings, I knew I needed something to add height to this corner, grounding the space a bit. This Crackle Shelf was the perfect addition. We accented the shelf by resting it on top of the prettiest Weathered Twirls brackets.





To decorate the space, I stacked some books, an hourglass, metal letter, and a beautiful calligraphy print by Graceline Art.



On my desk is the cutest Pine Desk Caddy. It's a wooden rectangle with floral paintings on the front-- perfect for my shabby chic style! I also love my monogrammed business card holder.



Michaela Noelle Designs / The Bloom Workshop





This Handcarved Tray finishes off my desk look and keeps me really organized! So does my Kate Spade planner



One of my favorite elements on my desk is my custom mousepad, made by Heather of Paper Please. I sent her the pillow fabric for my sofa pillows (you'll get to see them soon!) and she custom matched the color to those. We also had my new logo put on the mousepad in gold. I squealed when I opened this lovely thing!




This pillow is one of my favorite things. It's a seaglass color-- so lovely! It's from Lilac & Grace, my grandma's pillow cover etsy shop.



I love Anthro's home decor, because they have such unique and different items. I always try to get my clients to get a few things from their decor section :)

I think this little space functions really well for me as I spend my days working from home. The only thing I need to get still (I think) is a mini desk calendar to hang below my shelf. How have you decorated your desk area?





President's Day Best Sales:

Baublebar 20% off with codePREZ20; Buy 3 get 25% off with PREZ25, and buy 4+ get 30% off with PREZ30.
J.Crew Factory is offering 40%-50% off everything in stores and online! Plus, get an extra 10% off your order with code LOTSTOLOVE. Ends today.
Banana Republic: Use code BRLOVEYOU to get 40% off your purchase. Ends 2/16.
J.Crew: Extra 40%-50% off final sale styles with code WEEKENDMUST.
Nordstrom: Clearance Sale! Up to 40% off now through February 22!
LOFT: 50% off select items and all sale.
Anthropologie: Get free shipping on orders over $150 with the code FS150.
ASOS: Extra 10% off final clearance items with code FINAL10.


Have a wonderful week!
xoxo
Photobucket

8 comments

  1. Just in case u r interested, sugar paper has some cute wall calendars. They may have a desk calendar too...not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same planner! I love the use of colors in around your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful spot! i just got a desk as well! i love having a space where my neck and back don't hurt from working on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mousepad is too good!! Your desk area looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chair is so pretty! My office is not really decorated, it also serves as a junk room for my parents :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little office space! I LOVE that desk and is similar style to what I have been looking for!! Oh anthropologie it's my favourite place, great picks I love the overall look and style!

    Once again perfection

    Lauren
    www.lbdesigns.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeover, I love the Blue's and Cream's, and I'm getting some fantastic idea's about how to make my house look better. I had no idea you could even get custom mouse pads; I want one with my name in it. I work from home myself, so it would certainly help if my surroundings where as good to look at as yours.

    Sherita @ Astute Promotions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top