Apartment Kitchen Updates


It's been a while since I've shown you an update in my kitchen and since I've added a few new things, I thought it was the perfect time to show you around!

 I have been saving up for my marble cutting board from Sur La Table, and finally I decided to pull the trigger while I was at the store a few weeks ago. Since I have all (ugly) laminate countertops in my apartment, I wanted to come up with a way to distract from them. This HUGE marble pastry/cutting board covers a large section of my counter and I love it! I was surprised by how affordable it was. {Side note: Sur La Table is one of those stores I could stay in forever and end up thinking I needed absolutely everything in the store by the time I left. Thing I didn't even know I wanted or even existed suddenly seem so necessary! ;)}

 I picked up these flowers (probably the last of the peonies for the year!) at the farmer's market yesterday.

Since my apartment is so white, thanks to these builder-white, no-sheen walls, I like to add color in other ways. When I saw this ADORABLE print by Lily & Val, I knew it needed to go in my kitchen asap. If you know me, you know I drink ridiculous amounts of tea, so this print was basically made for me ;) I framed it in a fun turquoise frame to pick up on the pastel colors in the chalk art. Have you checked out Lily & Val recently?! Valerie has everything you could dream of! From placemats, wrapping paper, sweet greeting cards and more, there are so many beautiful and thoughtful pieces for your home. You can get 10% off your next L&V purchase with code MND10.

Two weeks ago I picked up this little basil plant and thankfully, it's still alive! I truly can't believe it! Clearly it's a little wilted, but hopefully it has a few more weeks left in it, because I love cooking with basil. To complete the little counter vignette, I have my recipe box sitting to the right.


Last week I grabbed this dish towel for 50% off at Anthropologie, which made it less than $10! This exact one is sold out, but I love this one just as much. This striped set is also fun.


Tea Kettle

Finally, I'm not sure why it took me this long to think of it, but I've finally found a great solution for two problems. One, the top of my fridge has always felt awkward and empty. Two, my fruit/veggie bowl has always taken up too much counter space. Last week I stacked two of my cookbooks on the fridge and put the bowl on top of that. I think it added some good height and keeps things interested up there. It also covers the ugly cabinets a bit ;) 

Cookbooks: Three Sisters Bake / It's All Good  / Fruit bowl: HomeGoods


It's amazing how small little updates can really make the rooms look and feel so different. I love that about decorating! Have you made any kitchen updates recently?

Don't forget you can get 10% off your next Lily & Val purchase with code MND10.

Happy Thursday!
xoxo

Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio

Note: MND was gifted the Tea print from Lily & Val, but as always, all opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting shops we genuinely love.

4 comments

  1. It all looks great, Michaela! I love, love, love that marble pastry board! And don't you just love when you have a solution like your refrigerator/fruit bowl one?! Those are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details you added! The fruit bowl and cook books are so fun, but the marble that you bought adds such a beautiful touch too!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, girl! I love seeing how you style an apartment on a budget! I've been collecting ideas to spiffy mine up at school in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I have that marble slab!!! I bought mine from Crate & Barrel - same price. Love it! Yours looks so pretty in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top